Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Latest Booth Projects

Jennifer and I have opened a booth in Vendor's Emporium in Brookhaven, so now I am scrambling to make enough product for two booths! If it weren't for my father-in-law patiently teaching me some basic wood working skills, I'd be in a whole heap of trouble! Drew loves to help me with all my projects and is learning quiet a few skills himself.  Mrs. Debbie, Jennifer, and I made a road trip last weekend to the "honey hole" and looked like the Clampetts coming home. Here are some of my latest projects:

This is a bulletin board made from the top portion of an old screen door.  I removed the screen & bottom half, faux antiqued it, then built a cork lined backing for it.  It has cute antique hangers at the bottom.




This was a full size footboard.  I removed the spindles from the middle and built a cork lined backing, which I covered with fabric.  I added coat rack hooks at the bottom and faux antiqued it.  I LOVE this piece.



This crazy cat was originally intended for my soon-to-be nephew, Zachary.  When I bought the pattern, I didn't pay attention to the measurements.  It turned out to be GIANT.  This thing is HUGE.  The material I used turned out to be a little to femine for Zachary, in my opinion.  I will find something more "manly" for my little man.  Live and learn!

This foot stool is built out of the bottom portion of a very old chair.  I built the top & padded it.  It is the perfect height for propping tired feet at the end of a long day.

I LOVE the way this chair turned out.  It is one of my favorites yet.  It was in my mother's attic wasting away.  I built a new bottom from scratch, padded, and added funky material.  I'm a little hooked on this fabric right now.  I used glazing to get the look I wanted over the red.

I got a good deal on this toy box, but it was not very pretty.  I wanted something that could work in a boy's room.  I think the orange and black works well together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment